12.31.2013

2013

What a year it's been. I quit my job. I moved 1000 miles across country to my new home. I started a new job. I refused to compromise my beliefs and lost a friend because of it. I traveled so far. I fell so hard in love. Then I lost that love. I found out what it's really like to hate your job. I lost 50 pounds. I decided to actively pursue my dreams. I endured more surgeries. Friends died. I finally rose up against my sister. I was lost. I quit my job again. Family died. I bonded with my brother. I took up yoga. And spinning. I actually celebrated a birthday. I found two jobs, both in things I adore. I moved, again. I discovered I was pregnant. I gained an understanding of true love. I miscarried. I let go of the past. I learned about the person I am. I realized the kind of person I will always be. I reconnected with an old friend. She reunited me with a piece of myself I lost years ago. I grew.

2013 taught me so much. about me. about the people I choose to keep close. about the world around me. about life. It was an emotional roller-coaster. But I have truly grown....mentally and spiritually. I've found myself. I see things so much clearer. Operation Three Ten was born this year. Based off of 1 Peter 3:10 - "Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit." December 2013 - 31 days, 10 things a day. 10 times, you discover what you are grateful for. By today, the 31st day, 310 things will exist in your memory. 310 things to take into 2014, to remind you why it's all worth it. I'm very much looking forward to 2014. So for December 31st, I'm grateful for -

1) liberation
2) emotions
3) every day
4) intelligence
5) imagination
6) creativity
7) discovery
8) love in all forms
9) freedom of expression
10) my life....me

No comments: