12.18.2013

12/18

what am I grateful for?

1) Austin - who knew you could love a little person so much without ever meeting them?
2) my pillows - honestly, if I had to choose, I'd go without a bed before I went without pillows
3) NCW - as hellacious as it was working under such disorganized management, I wouldn't trade the time I spent with my staff or my patients for anything.
4) John - a friend after the fact. I can't imagine where I'd be without some of his insight
5) iron - I'm seriously almost sure is die without it. or at least look that way to everyone. fuck anemia
6) social media - facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Sony, Instagram...they've all shown me exactly the person I don't want to be. not now, not ever again
7) days off - I can sit by the water and just...be
8) nude beaches - yes
9) family - through watching them, I know what I will and won't do to and for my children. because I know what happens when you make the wrong choice
10) my smile - it may hide a lot of pain, but it brings so much joy to the people that see it.
11) my spirit - she's been here before, and she's nothing if not a fighter
12) religion - as much as it irks me, it's one of the few things left that actually manages to bring people together
13) my brothers - they didn't pick on me. they stepped in to help curtail the abuse from my sister
14) fight club - taught me that the real world isn't rosy. it's gritty and dark and scary
15) Steven J - showed me early in life what real love is. now I know it when I see it every day
16) Steven A - showed me what it is to be truly selfless and to care so genuinely about helping other people succeed. ...there honestly won't ever be another
17) lilies - I absolutely hate flowers... but it's just something about their simplistic beauty that just warms me
18) Jack & Sally - because that's how love should be
19) my new-found confidence - or maybe it's my attitude. whatever had me wake up one day, cut off ALL my hair and make this look good
20) my evolution - I can honestly say that despite every hangup, every snag every issue...I've managed to grow as a person. and it's made me better. and given me so much clarity



 I can't believe i've actually managed 60 of these already...its like a workout for the soul

No comments: