12.17.2013

Operation Three Ten

I inquired of a couple friends the story behind this "Operation Three Ten" that infected my facebook timeline before I cut everything off. Interestingly enough, it's got a religious back story. Of course, yea, I don't subscribe to the whole system of religion but as always...my curiosity is my lead.The story goes, that for each day in December, you record 10 things that you're grateful for. By month's end, you've got 310 things to culminate the year with. The religion behind it? 1 Peter 3:10 - whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit.

I can dig it. But since I'm half a month late, I think I'll double up for a spell. 20 a day (so far) has been tough as shit. But...it's forcing me to look at my life, and take note every day, of the things i'm grateful for, big and small. The universe is working overtime to keep me writing..."the writing's on the wall" after all. Talk about irony...

No comments: