12.16.2013

Gratitude

What am I grateful for....

1) for Brooklyn, NY - my first home
2) for Stockbridge - my new home
3) my mother - as dumb as some of my decisions have been, she's been relentlessly supportive
4) my father - as un-smart as he is, he taught me early on how to fight
5) my curiosity - it keeps me interested in new things
6) my education - i see the world differently because of it
7) my twin nephews - it's amazing how different two literal peas in a pod can be, and how much they influence me
8) Haven - my new TV obsession
9) Syfy - Although they kill all my shows after 5 seasons, they brought me Warehouse 13, Haven, and Eureka....so missed
10) Shadow - the loyalty of this cat is incredible. He always knows when to curl up with me and keep me company
11) Cartoons - they are the only connection I think I have left to my childhood, although the cartoons I watch now aren't child-friendly
12) BOOKS - a consistent escape from reality
13) football - the Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays between September and February are just. magical.
14) my god-parents - She balances out his crazy so well
15) my phone - I wouldn't be able to keep in contact with my parents...or maybe it's the other way around
16) Aunt Cheryl - I'll be damned if I didn't pick up a part of her spirit when she died
17) lavender - it's one of the few scents that just perk me up
18) past relationships - good and bad, they've had a part in the person I am today
19) chocolate - the BEST comfort food
20) for being me...just for being me

No comments: