12.18.2007

For old times sake...

So I was up late last night, as per my usual, and I watched an episode of “Loaded” (show where they show videos from one artist) featuring one of my favorite bands – Maroon 5. I ended up watching throwback videos of what came to be my most adored songs off the first album. I watched “This Love”, “She Will Be Loved”, and (the best there is) “Sunday Morning”. And as I was watching that last video, it dawned on me that I had a super special Maroon 5 album that my BFF’s husband bought be for my birthday a couple years ago. It was a CD/DVD of Live Friday the 13th…a show they had done earlier in the year and recorded for sale. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so thoughtful of him. I’m not even sure at this point how he came to get it for me. I may inquire of that later, that is if he even recalls getting it for me in the first place, lol. It was nice to get nostalgic for a little bit…

So, more proof of father’s extra-maritals have surfaced. Neither me or my mother are really phased by it. I’m not because I know his history and expected it…particularly because both of his sons have taken to it as well. She isn’t because we’ve been speaking naturally about it for a while and simply put…my mother’s no fool. She’s gotten the calls, seen him disappear for hours (and I mean he’ll go to the store at 1 & come home at 7 with no $ or groceries), and I’m sure a host of other things. Personally, I’m just curious if I actually do have the little brother or sister (or both) that I always wanted running around out there somewhere. It’d certainly add to the cheer this holiday season. And that’s all I’ll say on that right now. I tell ya, there’s truly nothing like family.

1 comment:

Munchkin said...

Wow...that sux balls about ur dad but it seems you're taking it in stride. Not to be, as my dear hubby puts it, facetious, but why doesn't ur mom put daddy dearest out if he wants to creep around on her?