3.30.2008

Preparations

We got the news earlier this week that *gasp* my brother and his wife are having another baby!! The newbie will make 5 nephews in total for me. I kinda sorta deep down in my subconcious mind wish that it was a girl, so badly. I just want one.... But it's cool, a new baby is a new baby =0) And I promise to spoil him just like his older (still little) brother, because they're just like me. Yes i will be living vicariously through them, spoiling them because they were born so far apart from their other siblings. Deep down I think i resent that a bit too...

I think in big brother's getting old, his math skills, or just his mental state itself, are going. fast. He called with the (belated) news of his wife's pregnancy and informed us all that his wife is 6 months pregnant as of March 25th, and is due in August. I'm going to give that a minute to set in.

Now for all of you who just did that math, you see my concern right? Because if pregnancy has extended itself from 9 to 11 months, I wil be finding myself a surrogate right now. Right now. Because my brain hurts everytime I think about it, I havent gotten around to calling him back and asking him to pick between the two. Although i hope she's 6 months pregnant so that he can b born in June like the other 3. I know what he does when september rolls around....


For the new season (and the new year) I decided to go a different way with my hair.

I did blonde back in 2005. It lasted until early 2007...I missed the contrast.


So i decided this year to go with an auburn, which has been received pretty well. I also did a shorter cut, just under my ears. I've never had my hair this short before. ever. I'm pretty sure if relaxers were allowed on babies, the afro I was born with would have stretched to my shoulders. Evidently it goes well with my skin tone? My mother was generous with her freckles but decided to keep her ginger-kid hair all to herself. It's cool, I forgive her ^_^

Tomorrow's my first day of work. I've been anxious about it all day. Food is the enemy right now. As is having to sit still. I've been pacing the house all day. I'm beyond ready to start this job but as with anything new, there's always that nervous energy. Gonna go Spider-man around my room before bed. Pray i actually fall asleep....

No comments: