3.13.2008

Dont Quit

The universe knows how much it means to me to write. It meant so much to me at one time that I wrote several people several letters, if for nothing else, to make them smile. But the only people I ever got letters back from were my Cleva-Bee and Karina, the latter of which I've been writing on and off since 1996. What I love about them, besides the fact that they wrote me back when I sent them letters, is that I dont have to send them mail to get it. I've gotten a number of letters, even the occasional 'goodie' from Cleva in the past year (as i've been dealing with alot of things). Today, I got a letter from Karina. It wasnt enough that she sent me a letter, one that I wasnt expecting and didnt see coming at all, but it was the contents of it. It really is the little things sometimes that just do it for me. It wasnt a hand-written letter she sent. It was something to be shared -

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but dont quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Dont give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems far;
So stick to the fight when
you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that
you must not quit.

No comments: