3.17.2008

Big girls map lives

So for all the Mcdonald's die-hard lovers out there, they have a new campaign this month to bring in hoards of customers looking to overeat. That's right, they now have 4-piece and 6-piece 'chicken' mcnuggets on the $1 menu. I use quotes because, u research enough, they will be revealed to be as chicken-y as New Jack found in her report on Kentucky (go read up on that). Its similar to the month of January i believe it was, when the double cheeseburger was placed on the $1 menu, and people were seen eating two to a person. Tsk tsk over-indulgence.

As for me, I made my first grown-up decision. I changed my request for a Wii and the camera that i have SUCH an extreme desire for to a car. a nice used car. I even threw in both my birthday and christmas gifts for it. I was so proud of myself. That means i'll have my own method of getting to work or classes as needed. I'm so proud of myself for making such a decision with no help from my parents ^_^ And when it comes to parties or nights out, I can be like my buddy Jeremiah and just hop in the car and go, lol. I envy his mobility... (the next step is me saving to get a place away from here). Along similar lines, job interview! I'm very excited and anxious for it tomorrow. But i do look forward to it. I dont have high expectations, i'm not looking to be thrown into the job, but just to have an interview is nice. It helps boosts my spirits a bit.

I had a new sudden thought for a short story. Discussing our (matching) tattoos with my oldest BFF Karina, i had a vision of us getting out of a car, and the mere act of it revealing the tattoos on our thighs (which is now the location) through the split in our dresses. The story that spawned from that simple non-existent moment in time will be spectacular.

Absolutely unrelated to anything else, as i was riding home on the train today, I had a random thought of getting a bunch of my favourite flowers and it made me smile. Amidst my smile, i turned my head and happened upon another girl who seemed to go through the same process of sudden thought leading to momentary happiness (in its simplicity). I guess it was the poet or writer in me, but it felt to me like the two of us shared a moment that was just ours, despite how separate and unique they were.

No comments: