3.25.2008

Food: Through the Microscope

So i was taken out last night in celebration of my new job acquisition, the restaurant of choice being Applebee's. I haven't been there in ages, so the menu is quite unfamiliar to me. But because I have these standard goals set up for the coming parties on my schedule, I have to be careful with what I choose to eat. And last night was a fabulous example of me taking the reins (in my opinion). The original plan was for dessert, but i know how desserts run...calories galore. Plus, i realized i hadn't eaten any dinner, so i went googling. I found a website that (for free and part of the site's basic function) provided me with counts on every dish at Applebee's. My partners in crime chose the Maple Butter Blondie. Looking at it's stats - Serving Size: Calculated for 1 serving; Calories: 763, Total Fat: 52.2g, Carbs: 71.7g, Protein: 5.7g

I stuck with my traditional meal of choice, that I am SO glad they still have, the Oriental Chicken Rollup. Those stats? Serving Size: 1 meal (9 oz); Calories: 709, Total Fat: 25g, Carbs: 72g, Protein: 49g. carbs are higher by less than a gram...and w/the exception of needed protein, everything else is lower. I was quite full after my trip.

So if your looking to get background info before you hit up some restaurants and such, I recommend this website to everyone - The Daily Plate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Partner in Crime here...blah to calories...that dessert was 'effin fan-fukin-tastic-orgasmic! ugh and yum ...we're doin it again! asap
that, AND the drinks from BBQ'S! u KNOW what i'm tlkn bout gurl!

xoxoxox

LBIC said...

Thanks for the site link! It amazes me how many calories are in these kinds of restaurants. I'm ashamed to say I go to TGIFridays almost every friday and gorge on the sizzlin' chicken and cheese. It's so good though lol.