1.01.2008

2008 - Year of the Jax

Daily Horoscope Overview
Although New Year's Day is not an astrological holiday, it is a significant marker of time when we think about the year ahead. Today's collaborative Libra Moon helps us to be rational, yet we won't be able to keep our emotions undercover for long as assertive Mars moves to oppose passionate Pluto tomorrow. The Moon enters intense Scorpio (the sign of Mars and Pluto) at 8:32 pm EST to amplify our feelings. Being kind is more important than being right.

Tuesday, January 1st, 2008

Libra Horoscope (Sep 23 - Oct 22)
Your moods could get in the way of an otherwise relaxing day. You might even find yourself in a funk, with no easy way back to Pleasantville. Remember, you aren't responsible for everyone else's enjoyment. Oddly enough, if you do what you need to make yourself happy today, others will appreciate you even more.


Last night was more for me more than anything I think….it was done to give me one more thing to add to the short list of upside for 2007. I went way off my diet for the last night of the year. Between me and two other people, we finished off 4 bottles of Moet over the course of early-morning new year. I couldn’t be more thrilled about it. I wanted to wash away 2007 as emphatically as possible. It was a year that I looked forward to the end of for some time now. You’re right; I’m not responsible for everyone else’s enjoyment. I did my part in spreading the word. I cant force people to commit to things. If they want to, they will. And that’s that. My mom used to tell me that all the time. You cant make someone do anything they don’t want to do or aren’t mentally ready for. I did get a little emotional last night and this morning, and today.I’ve remembered that everyone isn’t ready for the brash no-holds-barred truth of matters.

I went for a nice walk this morning…definitely not in a funk anymore. I feel stupendous actually. It makes me feel good about myself, knowing that I’m putting in the effort to get and keep my weight down. I’ve decided to instill this walking regime into my everyday routine, currently mon-fri. once classes resume it’ll shift to every other day (m/w/f/sat). I like it a lot…it wakes me up and actually I think boosts my energy a bit. I’m also trying very valiantly to scramble together coin for this elliptical. It can fit in my room. It can fit. I have a new goal of 150lbs by July. That’s actually quite reasonable, even with moderate exercise and a small change in diet. I will be utilizing you Knuckles. I wanna be a track star =0P

I came up with two Postsecrets to send last night before I went to bed. Finally! I know exactly how they will look and where my words will be. Now all I need is to actually put them together. I’m so excited to become a contributor and not just a reader, like it’s an exclusive club or something. I cant wait to get them off my chest. I didn’t realize that I’d been burdened so long by them.

Congratulations to everyone else who went out partying last night and got back in one piece, albeit severely drunk and/or hungover. Water is a savior of many! Good luck in the new year, make things happen for yourselves. I know I will.

No comments: