1.09.2008

Back to the Future

Life has a funny way of running in circles. I swear the past just always comes back around to bring new and interesting things. Severely late (this is like 10:30), my house phone is ringing. Mother picks it up, because it’s what she does, I expect it. What I didn’t expect was the phone call to be for me. Who calls my house for me? Especially that late at night. Especially in the middle of the week. No one, that’s who. She comes to my door, “Do you know a Greg? He’s on the phone for you.” Of course, I have no idea who the hell Greg is, and I get on her for letting him know that I exist in the first place. Mother goes back, and tells him that I’m sleeping, and asks for his info. He reveals that I know him from St. Fortunata. Now for those that don’t know, that’s RFK days, going on 12. years. ago. He says that he was looking at his yearbook and saw my pic and decided to call. Interesting enough, as St. Fortunata wasn’t a fan of RFK. Knowing that, I’m fully aware of who Greg is, but still unsure as to how he got my number or even moreso, why he’s calling me so far in the future. Mommy Dearest got the number and shared it with me, as “she has no use for it.” I’m contemplating calling, because my nature has me bugged as to what fueled this call. There’s some kind of conspiracy going and I must get to the bottom of it. I only wish I was still close to the RFK girls that hung out with those guys, so that I could share in this experience fully. What in the hell could he possibly want? Ma thinks that this may be a good thing, because it's...the past (she was a huge fan of my past)? But she didn’t go to school with us, she knows naught. SFS people will always be suspicious to me. Always. Worse case scenario, I have to kill him. Best case scenario, I get a blast from the past turned into a new friend. Win-Win I say.


I purchased two pairs of shoes on my outing today, $10 a piece. They’re a style I never thought I’d wear (pics to come later), but I’m in love. I think they are the cutest little things. If the weather stays as global warming as it is, LibraDreamer did me a solid and bought me a killer sweater as well. Snoogans. I owe her hard for doing me such a big favor. And she will totally get repaid x12 whether she likes it or not. I think my sense of style is broadening a bit. I like dressing up and looking nice, even when I’m not going anywhere special. I lean towards eye makeup almost every day, and I plan to make better use of my contacts as well. I wont follow in the footsteps of New Jack & Knuckles, who think its cool to wear contacts for 6 months to a year on end and then wonder why their eyes bleed upon removal. That is totally not an act of God guys =0p.

I found a bunch of stories I wrote back in the day when I was a writer. Looking back and reading them myself, I think I was a pretty good writer. Alas, I don’t see myself picking it back up anytime soon. The dream of people being enthralled in my work (as I am in the likes of Stephen King and Scott Smith) has long passed me. Its nice to look back at what I could’ve been. It gives me a little hope for my kids, that maybe they’ll inherit my writing ‘skill’ and hopefully find an audience that likes it and shares it with others. And after I finish reading them all, maybe even elaborating a little more on one in particular, they will be buried again. It’s like my own little time capsule, buried to be found sometime in the future and read again, as a little reminder of what once was.

1 comment:

New Jack said...

LMFAO...the eyes bleed only a LITTLE bit and then when u do it so much u dont even bleed anymore! See! How thrilling is that!
Thumbs up for style update!