1.31.2008

Wannabes

It gets under my skin so. deep. when i see those girls that wanna be cute. All the time. Because they just embarass themselves and to an extent me. One sat in front of me in class today, by the windows, and took off her coat to reveal an off-the-shoulder top that wasnt even sweater-thick. Mind you, its 35 degrees on campus and windy as all hell. I'm not sure who she was trying to impress, but neither girls nor guys were paying her half-naked self any mind.

Halfway through the class, i noticed miss miss was riddled with goosebumps, all over her shoulders. I. wonder. why. As i look around at all the other girls in the class, even those away from the windows, hav their coats still on. Not Ms. Pretty. However, not long after her freeze episode, here she is dragging her coat up and around her, to keep her simple self warm. How is it that it's ok for u to complain of being cold, when u didn't take the time to dress so that ur warm to begin with? it seems kind of oxymoronic to me. that's like going to the beach on july 15, in your northface hood up, and asking yourself why it is that ur on fire. Next time i hope she'll dress for the weather.

Its great and all that you wanna be cute in freezing temps. But, maybe this is a stretch, how about being cute in an attractive turtleneck and sum matching fur line boots? You'll be stylish and warm, instead of stylish and hypothermic.

3 comments:

New Jack said...

Jax...
you can't be like that...to each his OWN
don't be judge mental..its obviously a case insecurity or maybe its NOT and thats just how that person CHOOSES to dress regardless of the weather..
what your saying is logical YES,but its up to her...this post sounds almost as if it were written by Cj..scary..

Munchkin said...

Well tru...I won't call it judgmental per se though. We have all been infuriated by the obvious attention grabbers, and we've all done that a time or two; try to be cute to get attention but get nothing. I think the irony in the whole thing is that it was freezing cold in the classroom and she found it necessary to disrobe. At least the girl had some sort of sense to put her coat back on her obviously freezing frame. Like me wearing my cold weather boots but carrying my strappy heels when I was SUPPOSED to go clubbin on Saturday. As tempted as I was to be cute, I wasn't risking the feets.

Libradreamer925 said...

you can b fly n cute n still stick 2 the season...that goes for every1