1.12.2008

The burden of children

My mom just came and told me that she is in actuality, the only person being fired from her job. Previously, it was supposed to be all "monitors" and others that werent per diem. She discovered today (and shared the news quite calmly, almost laughably) that she's the only one being let go because her supervisor didnt go to bat for her. All four of the other people's supers went to the big boss and explained to him why they were necessary. But she lucked out in getting the one supervisor that is concerned only with the security of her own job. So while everyone else's monitors get to stay til the end of February, this lady is planning a pizza party send-off for my mom on Friday.

Something else my mom said stuck a bit. One of her co-workers and friend (who despises unfairness) commented on how one day, mom's super will get what's coming to her. I recalled to mind an old saying I once heard - "Children will pay for the sins of their fathers." I fear for any kids she might have, because I actually put stock in that particular saying. I dont know if it's karma of fate or what's written in the cards, but knowing the history of some people and then looking at where they are now...I worry. I wonder if my mom's getting fall off from her mom (she wont admit it now, but she was concerned with it herself before my grandmother died). Her mother is a 1st class wiotch. If anyone has seen Madea's Family Reunion, her mom is like Lynn Whitfield's character. Just...biased and...hateful and...selfish and...cruel. to everyone. And because she's lived her life, mom's been taking it for her, like a trade off. What a scary thought.

No comments: