2.17.2008

Times get Hard

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but i feel compelled to share. Yesterday, during my Valentine's Day Out, i had some aggravating and interesting experiences. One involved T-mobile, the other, my place of residence.

While at tmobile, all of the customers as well as employees were captivated by one particular scene involving an employee and a couple of cops. As we all stare as nosy as can be, we're all thinking somebody went thieving. While being checked out, it is however revealed (by another employee) that this poor guy was being served at his place of business. These particular cops came to his job to serve him divorce papers. The guy behind the register took the time to reveal to a couple of total strangers that this guy (who was served) had been spotted by his significant, with another woman. Needless to say, his day was done.

Coming home from my adventures on the MTA system that i despise thoroughly, I was exposed to the side of the world that I hate. Normally, when someone has their ears plugged with headphones, music blaring, and they are busy typing to 8 different people via aim, others in the world know "Do Not Disturb". Not this particular O-boy. This particular O-boy chooses to repeatedly distract me, asking me questions about the sidekick nation because some gizmo website that keeps him updated on technology, has evidently failed at its only job in the universe. He thinks my slide is a 3, problem one. He doesnt know why my phone even exists, problem two. He swears the sidekick 3 came out last year and that I must be living in some parallel universe where technology is advanced, problem...three. Not to mention that I'm not a fan of 'hood' folks. Especially in my neighborhood. Especially given the history of the kids (because they were 4 yrs younger than me) that I grew up with. To my utter joy, this O-boy (his name began with an O) is interested in my name & my place of residence. Of course my name is Marie....it is my name after all. He gets off the bus with me and *gasp* lives in the building near mine. As he inquires of my knowledge of a 'Nat' & a 'Cash', I solidify my assumption that indeed, this is hood. It is at this point that i graciously give him my old phone number (sorry to whoever has it now) and walk away. I very much look forward to escaping. this place.

In other news, Gladiators Finale....wow. Go Monica and The-fastest-man-alive whose name I forget. As for the other specialty of Sunday night, KNIGHT RIDER RETURNS!!!! Cant wait for the show to start...I wish i knew when it did. The Shelby GT is sexy in Lavender.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...just wow. First of all why would someone tell total strangers that a guy's life just got ruined. I mean bad enough the wife had the cops take the divorce papers to his job but damn homey...

Second of all, your second part is EXACTLY why my ass always has the Ipod on no later than 10 paces in front of my building. YET...YET...they don't get the clue. They think it is PRIME OPPORTUNITY for a woman to STOP what she's doing to interrupt her for foolishness. Negroes these days....