10.06.2008

TextSecret

Since Saturday, I have been inundated with messages. Heartbreaking, profound, inspiring and funny messages. PostSecret creator Frank has brought on a new age of connecting. Once i discovered it, I couldnt help but participate. I was drawn in. It was so freeing. And it helped to know that I wasnt alone in my secrets. I've decided to share my "stranger secrets" on here, so that maybe others can find their secrets among them, as I did.

  • I'm 17. I cant wait to be an adult. I babysit a one year old once a week. When I do, I pretend that he's mine

  • Amputees freak me out. I dont know why

  • It kills me that I lost his baby but the wall it put between us hurts more than the miscarriage and has left me feeling more alone than ever

  • I sleep with older men so I wont feel lonely. I had to sleep with 25 until I found him

  • I dont think anyone will ever love me, primarily because I dont have any love for myself

  • I dont have any real friends. Just a bunch of cohorts.

  • I fake orgasms all the time. I've never had a guy give me one

  • I force myself to throw up. If I dont do it at least once a day, I will starve myself the next day. I dont have a great body yet, but I will soon.

  • Thank you...you made me smile today

  • I hope 'once a cheater always a cheater' isnt true, because I cheated on my very first bf

  • I've never been more alone at any point in my life...and I couldnt be happier

  • I dont think I'll ever be happy

  • I see love everywhere and yet I cant find any for myself

  • I secretly hope my fiance gets kicked out of the Navy so I dont have to move away from my family. Even though I know his Navy career is everything to him.

  • My best friend's boyfriend raped me. He said I wanted it and I cant help but think he's right.

  • Postsecret saved my life

  • I love him more than them because he was an accident

  • It took him leaving for me to realize he is the one

  • I think I may have an eating disorder. No one takes me seriously when I bring it up because I 'dont look' like I have a problem

  • I'm glad my friend and her bf are splittling. Now we have more in common

  • I'm afraid I'll never be good enough for my family

It's comforting to know that so many of us across the country, across the globe, have such a personal, unifying bond.

No comments: