10.14.2008

Recycled Webs

God, it seems like things really do come full circle. Just, all the time! So here I am, somewhere after 2:00 in the am, and I cant sleep! I remember what that was like. Back when I had the iron deficiency that gave me a level of .2 in my blood. It left my doctor wondering how I was sitting up everyday, and then proceeding to congratulate me for having spoke. coherently. in full sentences. before she threatened me with death blood transfusion. Wow, look how far off-track I just got. My level is at a healthy (anemia-deficient) level of 11.5 currently. Sorry 16, i'll never be that on point. But I digress.

Being up at odd hours gets one to thinking. Just about the worst most random things. My mind ended up wandering to a simpler time, a happier time, the time of high school. But then I started analyzing. Because in my case, I carried half of my junior high buds to high school with me. I started reading the webs. And something started to bug me. The pattern was repeating. The webs were being recycled, carried from person to person. Passed around as if they were the newest game boy version (not like anyone would be passing around their game boy....not I). It's like watching Degrassi played out in real life. Pick Joe, he's dated Mary, Jane, Sue & Kira. But you cant forget that Sue's dated Joe, Mike, Mark, & Matt. Then poor Mark, he went through Sue, Kira, Lydia, Ana and Bridgette, which would have been fine if bridgette hadnt found out about Ana. It's scary how we kind of just...passed each other off. Six degrees is just too many in this case.

But I suppose if it had played out any other way, we wouldnt be who we are now would we? At least my choices werent bad...i'll give myself that.

No comments: