5.03.2009

Poet Laureates

The first of a two-part expose on a fantastical poet-blogger that I ran across. Send some support his way. There's tons more for your reading pleasure at his blog - Phoenix Rising

Dedicated to the one sparking my interests now and in the future.

Companion


I don't think boyfriend fits your description
Why be like any boy that's my friend?
In a world full of labels
I need one that would fit the way that we are
I feel that you complete me
You support and respect me
You make me a better person
And your drive for success is an inspiration to live
In return I owe nothing but love to you
Whatever is mine will indubitably be yours
No need to hesitate, no reluctance required
I can be myself without you passing judgment
And that is the love I feel from you
You are simply a gift from the heavens
That kiss of fresh air when you step into my space
I feel a natural high with every inhale of your scent
And a sense of euphoria with every word you speak
You are my companion
Because no matter where we end up in our lives
You will always be by my side
Love unchanged, feelings undone
Honesty at its best, loyalty at its peak
I love you in every sense of love
And you are my companion for life

No comments: