5.03.2009

MTA Thinking

I occasionally like riding the train. I pop in my headphones, amp up my Zune and zone out to all the music I love. But because I was built with a.d.d., my mind starts to wander. And tonight it meandered off on a weird tangent. Maybe i shouldnt be allowed to ride trains alone anymore...

On the long ride into the city, i got to thinking about movies. Movies and their pre-ordained plots. They follow a set line (yea i know, script. duh). But it's just so...one angle of it. I dont know why, although in retrospect it was probably the train, but I thought of the movie "The Brave One". I thought about Jodie's relationship with her boyfriend/fiancee, and how in one terrible night, everything they had planned was tossed away. Lost to tragedy. But then i pondered the other half. The movie followed her and what she experienced afterwards, which was of course the purpose of "The Brave One". But then there are other movies, "Angel Eyes" or "Down To Earth", that actually have the story follow what happens after a person dies. or comes back, whatever. I guess it's all relative. In one view death is done and final. In the other, it's like "The Mummy" says - "Death is only the beginning."


Food for thought, no?

No comments: