5.04.2009

Poet Laureates - This Boy

There's This Boy...

So there's this boy...
Yeah, this boy...
He's tall, caramel skin
Can dress for days
And has swagger for years
Hard to find that now and then in anyone
This boy...
This boy has an inexplicable charm to him
Knows how to handle business
Knows how to hold a conversation
Knows how to hold someone down
This boy...
This boy always has an ear open
And an open mind to match
Music is his heart
Art is his soul
This boy...
This boy's known for his smile
Known for putting a smile on a face
Funny how he lights up a place
Makes any heart begin to race
So there's this boy...
Yeah, that boy...
And I'm scared of him
I'm devastated by him
I'm frightened by him
Because I'm feeling him

Part Two of my expose on the Phoenix Rising. I've become a super-admirer of his work. It makes me want to get back into writing. I do miss it terribly.

1 comment:

JANET TRUMPER-WHITNEY said...

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."
~~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.