1.27.2009

Looking Back

I was taught that you should never look back. It's...not so much the wrong thing, as it is just not much of a proactive thing. Going back and comparing the past - shoulda woulda coulda didnts, and the opposites. I've learned from past experiences with myself, that when I should be sleeping - and i'm not - I end up writing in my blog. Why? because I spend that loss-of-sleep, doing some deep thinking. Dont get it twisted, I am in no way dwelling, just reminiscing.

Last year, 2008, was definitely one of the
roughest years I've encountered so far. I had so much to undertake that I personally wasnt ready for and didnt really want to go through. But I toughed it out and I'm definitely better as a result. I took on three different jobs in three very different fields. I finished school on the side, took time out to undergo a semi-invasive surgery that typically isnt a concern until a female is in her early 30s, give or take. I even swapped one of my jobs for an even better one much closer to home that allows me more mobility and more opportunity at work. Bonus - i'm happy doing what I do now. Amongst all of that, I found the time to reconnect with some people I'd thought I lost - people that matter a great deal to me.

In reminiscing, I realized that last year - despite such big time dilemmas - was just like any other. 2008 was a cluster of learning experiences, and I'm all the better for having made it through. I got through some of the lowest points in my
almost 24 years and I think I can take on just about anything else life decides to toss my way. Dont shun the past. Do you really believe that you'd be who/where you are now if it wasnt for the choice you did or didnt make back in 1999? 2002? 2006? last year? Sure, you could spend the time thinking about where you could be. But it's way smarter to plan from now, to get somewhere in the future =0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where ya plannin' on goin' nxt?

thats excitin! good luck! i hope u meet all ur goals in '09 ...kno that I'm here 4 u...!

luv u

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... sounds as if you were speaking right into my ears....