1.27.2009

Idle Hands

I realized today that I havent updated my blog in awhile. What I mean by update isnt the typical random news story or quip, but an actual update on me. And I found myself with a decent amount of downtime today. You know what they say about idle hands? I'm putting mine to work.

I took my first day off from work last week. It wasnt a real day off, as it was a required absence to take care of some carpal tunnel "mishappenings" in my wrists (my right wrist is still bandaged/wrapped at the moment). I'm still fairly new at my job so I was scared shitless to take a day off. With work the way it is lately - and given what happened at my last place of employment - I was pretty sure upon attempting a return to work, I would have nowhere to return to. Almost confirming my beliefs, I returned to work friday, arm all covered up, to find a n00b in my chair. In. my. chair. Not even at a different desk. My superior, Gabe, informs me (to my short-lived relief) that i'm training this n00b, he's going to be a new dispatcher. Huzzah -_-

Four hours in, rough 8am, I get called upstairs to see the big boss. The owner. The man that signs my paychecks. I died tried to maintain as i trudged upstairs. Now you have to understand John (Jesus of Empire), is a small man. maybe an inch taller than me - 29 years old - and the owner. of a 150k company. Yea, intimidating. Waiting to hear him say 'we found someone else to do your shift, your dismissed', he looks up at me and says "Everyone has nothing but good things to say about you, I've approved you for a raise, going back to the start of the week". Picking my jaw up, I thank him, sign with my left hand, and head back downstairs to do more training.

I officially make $13/hr, with 5 O/T hrs built into my schedule, at $19/hr. I love having a job that isnt shady, and appreciates the work its employees do.

....it doesnt hurt that alot of my drivers are just plain sexy, thereby exceptionally easy to work with. I. love it.


Sidenote - they had a nice meeting today, and thanks to my man on the inside, i've discovered that they all agree that I definitely know what I'm doing and want me to dispatch them. Lucky for me someone thinks its criminal to have a single person dispatch 36 some-odd drivers all over the five four most important boros that make up NYC.


I'm really amazed at just how much I love this job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mama...hope you get well soon ..and congrats on the promotion...you deserve it..i want more details bout ur sexxii guys! lol

luv u