11.28.2008

Smiling Faces

My mother and I were talking earlier today and it was a very interesting conversation. She spoke on how she tries her best not to judge people, and tried/tries to instill that idea in me. Dont judge people by what they do or dont do, say or dont say, what happens or doesnt happen. Why? Because you have no idea what's really going on in their lives. No one knows what life is behind the closed doors of someone else. Everyone knows that old adage - "walk a mile in my shoes". I'm tryyyying not to. But some people make it so hard.

Along with that old adage, there's a more recent one, not an adage, but wise words nonetheless - "beware smiling faces. smiling face tell lies." People hide the deepest, darkest, most treacherous shit, behind a wicked smile, and I know this shit first-hand. on more than one occasion. with more than one person. Until a story is carroborated, I have learned to keep my mouth shut. But once people come out the woodwork, noticing the saaaaaame things...it's time to take notice.


I try not to judge...but it's not my fault if your asking for it.

No comments: