11.27.2007

All In The Family

God i love my nephews. I love them to death. We've built a great relationship these past 18 years and I feel especially honored that they feel they can come to me about anything. It makes me feel special...and more important than their 'aunt', my sister. (Because they're only 5 years younger than me, I have them call me by my name, not auntie. we're more like siblings anyway.) On a separate but similar note...i found out my sister told my nephews i was a whore, because i have a tongue ring. She said, quoting the boy, "she's suck anyone's dick". Really sis? really? At least my guy isnt running to my father asking for help on how to get away from me and the relationship. Asking for help even because he knows that daddy went through it...with your. mother. But i digress...

My twins have been dropping bombshell after bombshell on me, knowing that i wont tell my dad about it, but i'll still give them advice. They're house is a mess, with their newest stepmom being a total bitch to them. Apparently she's made claims of spitting in their food...shoving them around, throwing her kids above them as opposed to the Brady Bunch equality. Then there are the rumors of their father bumming around with his wife and weed...taking his son's $ because he's the only one in the house with a job. Terrible things...talking down about their birth mother...in front of them...to his new wife.

All of that didnt bother me as much as when I heard that one nephew wasnt going to college next fall because he hadnt been able to apply. He took his father's word at more than face value when he said "dont worry, i'll take care of it". And is now screwed. "Auntie" Jacki cant do much for him in november, from NY, when apps r typically in by the beginning of the month. I do hope he took my advice and attempted some apps on his own though... The other twin, has given up on college entirely, because it means he's stuck in "Hell House" for at least two more years. he is currently, at 17.5 years of age, trying to get a job on the East Coast that will keep him here, and dismissing thoughts of school altogether. It makes me sad...i had my highest hopes for him. =(

But the bullshit that made MY jaw drop, was when i was informed of just how lowdown and tricky my family is and can be. My darling nephew asked me to take him to brownsville so he could see his little brother. Little brother? but Roc lives with them. Ah, and there lies the rub. Apparently big brother bobby went and had himself a child out of wedlock. And oh, is little Kevin a Williams if there ever was one. His mother was even nice enough to allow him the family forehead. what a gem. He fits right in line with the rest of us. So i have a brand spanking new 9 year old nephew. Glorious. I cant wait to embrace him and welcome him to our wonders. Our lovely complicating-the-world family.

Makes me think like father like son. There's been long time rumors of daddy dearest doing the same. Probably sparked and fanned by his constant disappearances for hours down on "the avenue". Persisted by him not coming home or..answering his phone when people need him. And seeing as how he currently has children with four different women, its not that far-fetched. Old dogs dont change their ways. Nope, nope. Neither mommy nor I are really that concerned however (unless i have little siblings somewhere, cuz thats fucked up i asked for some til i was 13), cuz we're both older. I'm gonna be stepping out of this house in the next two years if it kills me...and she's not gonna go off and find a stallion..she's content with herself. We are not like my sisters & their moms. Oh no. Besides...i've shared my opinions on him with her already on repeated occasions. Thats just me.

What would life truly be without family?

No comments: