4.21.2009

A Letter

Dear Erica,

We were talking with your mom today. She showed us a picture of Jada. She's getting so big. Every time I see her she just looks more like you. It's amazing - almost like you havent left. You wouldnt believe how fast she's growing. It really made me think about you. I cant believe it's really been a year and a half already. That was the worst birthday. Finding out that you wouldnt be able to celebrate with me. To know that you werent coming out of it, that the plug was being pulled, and Mike was letting you go. It still breaks my heart into pieces everytime I think of that day. He was just so anguished, the pain was all over his face. Those few minutes as he bent over you are etched in my mind forever. Often when I think back on you now, my mind automatically reverts back to that day when no one in the family could do anything to bring him out of the dark that engulfed him. You'd be so proud of him now though. He's carried on very well and and made sure that Jada remembers her mommy and the love you have for her. We all still miss you terribly, that will never go away. But to watch Mike and Jada, I know that your memory - and your spirit - will never die.

With Love,

Jacki

No comments: