5.13.2008

Tragedy

Before i could even get my mind around Myanmar (with the death toll near a staggering 128,000), I had already found myself crying over the massive loss of life, especially children, that occurred in China. The 7.9 magnitude earthquake in Sichuan changed everything forever. The fact that children recovered from a toppled school with broken bones and severed limbs were the "lucky ones", was enough to break my heart. It's said that over 900 children alone were lost when that school fell. Can you imagine? As of now, they've lost about 10,000 people. That's almost 150,000 lives in a matter of weeks. And on top of that, it's thought that Myanmar has another cyclone on its way. I dont even want to think of what would come to be if/when these things occur in America.

No comments: