5.08.2008

Must and must not


Must-See - Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson, Terry Crews, and Dave Koechner. It's comedic gold. And the show was hella funny too. That's what I call great casting. If you dont know the story of Smart - Maxwell Smart (Steve), Agent 86 for CONTROL, battles the forces of KAOS with the more-competent Agent 99 (Anne) at his side. Rocky and Terry play Agent 23 and 91 respectively.



Must-See - I saw the non-teaser trailer for "The Happening", and I think even haters of M. Night Shyamalan (The Village, Lady in the Water) should join his followers (The Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable, Wide Awake) and go see this one. I wanna see it just so I can know what the hell causes such random symptoms. Although they arent symptoms but moreso stages, the third being fatal of course.


Must-NOT - Seriously. If you havent heard of this movie yet (with its apparent theatrical release being 5/23/08), there is a reason."Postal" is...not a very good idea in my opinion. Its basically a hunt for Osama Bin Laden. It's very over-the-top and quite abrasive. Evidently its supposed to be what Harold and Kumar/Scary Movie/other pop-culture abusers build to, except that it starts there and pushes past any metaphorical envelope that ever existed.


And lastly, because I never mentioned it before - I thought Cloverfield was fantastic. I know half of America was pissed off when they went to see it because research wasnt done and they were expecting a movie-movie and not a documentary-movie, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. My mom even watched it and loved it. And she despises 'monster' pictures as she calls them. I very much look forward to "Untitled J.J. Abrams Project - Cloverfield Sequel"

No comments: