7.29.2013

Perspective

A white guy chose me today. It was the cutest thing ever! He knew a lot about natural hair and made a convo with me regarding it. I have never been approached by a white guy before on the street. They look and smile but they never speak! I kinda felt out of my element for a minute but it was a beautiful interaction. He politely mentioned how he loves black women. The fact that he knew about the "big chop," "transitioning," and all that shocked me. I don't even think I could hide it from him. I smiled SO hard. It was refreshing to not be approached "sideways." I was politely asked, "are you single?" as the convo went on. It made me sad to think that "damn, black guys out here don't approach me like this but this white man is coming correct."

...Is that a bad feeling to have?

No comments: