2.19.2009

Standards

I'm biased. I came to this conclusion today on the train. I am really and truly, biased. And I dont feel bad about it at all. It's a personal choice. I, am an "oreo". Black on the outside, white on the inside...keep up guys ;-)

I am completely put off by boys that have their pants hanging off their asses. I'm even more put off by these same people, and what I call 'hood speak'. Really, I cant help it that I speak eloquently. I enunciate, i'm verbose, I can drop big words and not be shook by it (grandiose =0p). I need a little bit of intellectuality. I dont think its too much to ask. I dont require a masters. You dont even have to use big words like I do. But I just cant see myself associating too hard with the guys (and girls) that are so comfortable with this state of mind.

It's not a way of life. It's not 'where you're from'. Its a choice. Wearing jeans around your knees was not born of 'the hood'. It was born out of prison. Do the research - they dont get belts. You shouldnt be so proud of it.

It may appear as if i'm putting myself on sum super pedestal - 'oh ur saying ur too good for me?' ...Yes. I am. Sorry.


Pull your pants up. Put on a belt. Say "hey what's up," instead of "yo ma, what's good wit u." Then maybe we can talk. Carry yourself with a little more respect, I'll have more respect for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sofa king true!!! Preach!

Prince Charming said...

I agree with you...sometimes, lol.
I happen to find it very sexy when a guy has a lil swagg to him. Intelligence is one thing, I refuse to date a dumbass, but the way he carries himself is another. Be yourself, don't try and hood it up for me because it makes you come off as fake. But if you're a little aggressive, got street smarts, got a lil swagg about you, AND know how to change it up and put on a suit when necessary....LET'S GET MARRIED TONIGHT! lol.