3.09.2014

Inquiring Minds

why does what I do & say, how I choose to live, affect people so. Why does it UPSET people so? why do they persist to talk down on me simply because I don't conform to the ways they want me to. if you are not my parent, husband, child, or caregiver it shouldn't even be a concern of theirs. my religion or culture don't have anything to do with you. actually. I take that back. it isn't even a matter of religion or culture or environment or anything of the sort. regardless of one's choice/role/position in any 'group' of people, we are allowed to look at life, experience it, and choose our own path to follow. I don't conspire to the 'norms' of any of my cultures. I'm not catholic just because my parents chose to be. I don't look down on people who didn't go to college, whether it be by choice or circumstance. I don't have the time to entertain someone's attempts at undermining my way of living. I'm not going to stand here and let you shame me into following into your footsteps. fact - everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views. misconception - everyone is required to impose those opinions and views on everyone else they meet.

Jeez...if we were all that alike we may as well have a hive mind, just one thinker for all. Where's the fun in that? I need diversity. My nature is too curious to be stuck in one box sitting in the middle of a dead end road. I fancy growth and change; understanding of the world around me and others role in it. afford me the same courtesy I give you. Let. me. live. Don't misdirect your anger at me just because you can't comprehend how I can be so free and open. It's not as hard as you keep telling yourself it is.

No comments: